Daube de Boeuf (Beef Stew)Featured by Tour De L'Isle in the International Wine Club.
When you travel to the Rhone Valley in the south of France, A slow roasted beef stew is on most menus. Take the time to enjoy this fine recipe along with a Châteauneuf du Pape red wine from our International Wine Club. if your not a member, you should be.Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 1440 Minutes
Cook Time: 360 Minutes
Serving Size: 8 ounces
• 4 Pounds Very Tough Beef Stew Meat
• 2-3 Strips Fatback
• 1 beef shank bone with marrow & meat
• 4 Onions
• 4 Large Carrots
• Sprig of Thyme
• Bay Leaf
• 4-5 Garlic Cloves
• Orange Peel (small piece)
• Red Châteauneuf du Pape wine
• In a heavy oven-wear pot, place in this order: fatback, beef shank bone, onions, carrots, and tough beef stew meat.
• Add to the pot: spring of thyme, bay leaf, garlic cloves, a small orange peel, and peppercorns.
• Add enough red Châteauneuf du Pape wine to cover.
• Marinate ingredients in the pot for 24 hours.
• Place the pot on very low heat and cook for a minimum of 6 hours (recommended to use 1-2 diffusers over lowest possible flame).
• Degrease (remove fat from top layer of stew).
• Thicken stew with cornstarch.
• Serve with a macaronade (macaroni tossed with chopped parsley and garlic, and a ladle of the Daube sauce).
Recipe sourced by Tour De L'Isle