Creamy Chicken MarsalaA featured Wine Club recipe for Dominion Tantara.
Pair this creamy dish with a nice Pinot Noir from your wine club shipment!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 onion chopped
• 1 pound cremini mushrooms sliced
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1 cup dry Marsala wine
• 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
• 12 ounces dried fettuccine
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
2. To the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and reduce the heat to medium-high. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms become tender and their juices evaporate, about 12 minutes. Add the marsala and simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone and mustard. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally about 8 minutes. Drain. Serve the chicken and sauce over the prepared fettuccine and enjoy.