Crab Cakes MarylandFeatured by Big Guy Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
The light flavors of the crab meat combined with the lemon and mustard creates a balanced and flavorful side dish or entree! Pair it with a crisp white wine.Yield: 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, wedges for garnish
• 1 ½ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
• ½ jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
• 1 lb. lump crab meat, picked over
• 1 ¼ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• 1 Tbs. thinly sliced chives
• ¼ tsp. kosher salt
• 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1 head Bibb lettuce
• 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
Whisk first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add crab; fold to blend. Stir in ¾ cup panko, chives, salt and pepper. Divide into 6 equal portions. Form each into 1-inch thick patties. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
Line a platter with lettuce leaves. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place remaining ½ cup panko on a plate. Coat cakes with panko. Fry until golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side. Arrange atop lettuce; serve with lemon wedges.