Coq au Vin Blanc (Chicken in White Wine Sauce)Featured by Outlot Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
An elegant and easy dinner to pair with your recent wine subscription shipment of Outlot 2019 Chardonnay!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
• tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 4-5 strips of bacon/pancetta chopped
• 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
• 8 chicken pieces on the bone thighs and legs
• 250 g Cremini mushrooms whole or halved
• 500 ml or 2/3 of a bottle of dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc
• 250 ml or 1 cup double/whipping cream
• salt & pepper to taste
• handful flat leaf chopped parsley
Cook bacon or pancetta in a tablespoon of olive oil. Skip oil if bacon is too fatty. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
Salt and pepper the chicken pieces and brown them in bacon fat over medium-high heat. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
Cook chopped onion over low heat for 5-7 minutes, add garlic when the onion is tender and translucent and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove cooked onion and garlic to the same plate as chicken and bacon.
Add mushrooms to the pan and brown them for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
Return chicken, onion, garlic and bacon to the pan, pour wine all over, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes.
Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and crusty bread to mop up all that amazing sauce!
Recipe provided by Outlot Wines.