Clay's Chicken PiccattaFeatured by Vino Valpredo Wine Company in the Gold Wine Club.
A perfect dinner for pairing with a beautiful, well-rounded Chardonnay - particularly one from your recent shipment from one of our 6 Wine Clubs!Yield: 2
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Flour for dredging the raw chicken
• 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
• 5 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
• 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/3 cup of Chardonnay
• 4 Tbs. lemon zest
• 1 cup chicken stock
• ¼ cup brined capers, rinsed
• 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
In a pan large enough for all the pieces of chicken, melt the 2 Tbs. of butter with 3 Tbs. olive oil. Remove cooked chicken from pan and transfer to plate. Reduce heat to medium low and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, Chardonnay, stock and capers to pan. Bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. After it has been reduced a bit (not too much though), return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 Tbs. butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!