Chimichurri, Olive & Kale PizzaFeatured by Rucksack Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
A perfect pairing of delicious, handmade pizza and a robust Zinfandel wine! You can't go wrong with this duo, especially when pouring a wine from your wine of the month club package.Yield: 2 servings (1 pizza)
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 37 Minutes
• Naan bread
• Shredded Fontina cheese
• Chimichurri Sauce (see recipe below)
• Kale Salad (see recipe below)
• 1 bunch of flat leaf kale, sliced in thin strips
• 3 tablespoons Greek dressing
• ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• ¾ cup olive oil
• 2 whole garlic cloves
• ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley
• 2 cups fresh cilantro
• ¼ cup shallots, minced
• ¼ cup red wine vinegar
• 5 medium garlic cloves
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ½ cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons mixed Kalamata and Castelvetrano olives, finely minced
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees or use a BBQ on medium heat. Spread Chimichurri Sauce on one piece of Naan bread and then sprinkle with chopped olives. Spread kale salad and top with Fontina cheese.
2) Cook for 5-7 minutes until the cheese melts. Cut pizza into slices and serve.
DRESSING & KALE SALAD
1) Blend dressing ingredients well and set aside.
2) Prep kale salad. The Kale Salad can be made on its own as well. Just add ¼ cup of pine-nuts and prepare as a salad.
1) Put the garlic, shallots and salt in the bowl of a food processor and chop to mince and combine garlic and shallots.
2) Add the parsley and cilantro in batches and combine with garlic and shallots. Add the vinegar and red pepper flakes and then stream in the olive oil with the food processor running.
3) Once blended, hand mix in the olives and taste for salt. Best to let sit for at least 30 minutes to meld flavors. This sauce is just a great all-around marinade for many things!
Receipe provided by Madroña Vineyards.