Chili Blanco, Taft StyleFeatured by Taft Street Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
Warm up with this delicious white chili recipe. Excellent for leftovers!Yield: About 5
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 120 Minutes
• 1 pound small white beans, rinsed
• 2 teaspoons chicken stock base
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 7 ounces diced green chiles
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
• 1 cup sour cream
• 6 cups chicken broth
• 2 white onions, chopped
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 teaspoons ground cumin
• 4 cups cooked and diced chicken
• 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
• Sour cream, chopped green onions, cilantro and tomatoes to serve
Combine beans, broth and chicken stock base in a large pot. Simmer covered for 1-1/2 hours.
Sauté onions in oil until golden. Add onions, garlic, green chiles, cumin, oregano, and chicken to bean mixture. Simmer for another 30 minutes or until beans are soft, but retain their shape. Add sour cream and Jack cheese. Heat until cheese melts.
Serve with sour cream, green onions, cilantro and chopped tomatoes.