Chilean Sea Bass with Grilled Mango SalsaFeatured by Sierra del Mar Vineyard in the Gold Wine Club.
You can't beat the light flavors of sea bass with the hint of sweet from the mango salsa. Try pairing this with the Sierra Del Mar 2013 Chardonnay.Yield: 6
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 1 3/4 lb. Chilean Sea Bass, cut into 6 fillets
• Olive oil for brushing the fish
• Sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
• 4 firm mangoes
• 2 red peppers, diced
• 4 green onions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
• 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
• 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
• Juice of 2 limes
• 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Preheat grill. Slice each mango on either side of the pit to yield 2 thick slices. With a large spoon, scoop mango flesh in one piece from mango skin. Repeat with all slices. Season with salt and pepper. Place mango slices cut side down on grill and grill until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Flip mango slices and grill 2 minutes longer.
Set mango aside to cool Combine red pepper, green onion, jalapeño pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. When mango slices have cooled, dice them. Add diced mango to the mixing bowl with lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
Brush fish on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill fish about 5 minutes per side, until just opaque in the center. Garnish fish with mango salsa and serve immediately.