Chicken Tomatillo EnchiladasFeatured by Taft Street Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
Tasty chicken tomatillo enchiladas the whole family will enjoy, especially with a glass of Taft Street Russian River Valley Chardonnay!Yield: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
• 2 pounds tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
• 12 ounces chicken broth
• 2 cups green onions, sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 2 cups cilantro, chopped
• 2 serrano chiles, sliced
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• 12 six-inch corn tortillas
• 4 cups cooked chicken meat, roughly chopped
• 1 pound queso blanco, coarsely chopped
• 1 cup half and half
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix tomatillos, broth, garlic, and cumin in a saucepan. Cover, bring to boil, lower heat, and then cook about 10 minutes. Put in food processor. Add cilantro, onions, and chiles, and coarsely puree.
Overlap 6 tortillas in a 13x9 baking dish. Top with half chicken, queso blanco and half tomatillo sauce. Repeat. Pour half and half on top, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.