Chef West’s BouillabaisseFeatured by SAMsARA Wine Co. in the Platinum Wine Club.
Enjoy this seafood delicacy with your favorite bottle of Pinot Noir!Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
• 850 grams Yellow Onion, Medium Dice
• 1000 grams Fennel, Medium Dice
• 700 grams Celery, Medium Dice
• 100 grams Garlic, Sliced
• 1500 grams Tomatoes, Concassed (skin removed)
• 4 grams Fennel Seed, Toasted & Ground
• 2 Grams Smoked Paprika
• 1 Grams Cayenne
• 1 Gram Saffron
• 20 grams Salt
• 500 milliliters White Wine
• 4 Liters Fish Fumet or Clam Juice
1. Sautee the Onions, Fennel & Celery until they soften slightly.
2. Add the garlic and continue to sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the dry spices and stir for another minute allowing the spices to bloom.
4. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce by half
5. Add the tomato concasse and stir well.
6. Add fish fumet or clam juice and bring to a simmer.
7. Add any seafood you desire (mussels, clams, local halibut, Santa Barbara spot prawns)
Season to taste with any additional salt you desire, lemon juice and black pepper
Recipe sourced from SAMsARA Wine Co.