Chef Richard Graham’s Wild Mushroom and Smoked Chicken LasagnaFeatured by Martin & Weyrich Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
An easy-to-follow recipe that will certainly convince your guests they've gone to Italy! Fresh herbs mixed with the cheesy chicken filling will pair perfectly with your favorite Red Blend.Yield: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 75 Minutes
• 1 Gallon Tomato Sauce (Italian)
• 8 Large Pasta Sheets, precooked or raw
• 2 ½ Pounds Smoked Chicken Breast or Cooked Pulled Meat or Confit
• ¾ Pounds Chanterelles, sliced
• ¾ Pounds Shitakes, sliced
• ¾ Pounds Criminis, sliced
• 1 Large Yellow Onion (small dice)
• 2 Tablespoons Shallots, minced
• 1 Tablespoon Roasted Garlic Puree
• 3 Bunch Collard Greens or Beet Greens, washed and med. chopped
• 4 Cups Ricotta Cheese
• 3 Cups Asiago Cheese
• 5 Large Balls of Mozzarella Cheese (thinly sliced)
• 1 ½ Pounds Mascarpone Cheese
• ½ Cup Dry Vermouth
• ¾ Cup Minced Chives
• 1 Cup Fresh, Chopped Herbs: Even Parts: Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Parsley- set aside (Sprinkle this herb mixture on top of each layer of Lasagna).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook pasta if needed. Sauté mushrooms with half of the shallots and salt and pepper. Sauté onions, greens, the remaining shallots, and garlic, deglaze with the vermouth (3 minutes, do not over cook), salt and pepper.
Lightly sauce the bottom of a 4” hotel pan (or two 9”x13”pans). Place layers in the following order: Pasta Sheet, Layered Cooked Greens, Sliced Chicken, Mushrooms, Sauce over the top and sprinkle with the fresh herb mixture and ¼ of all the cheeses. (Repeat this two times).
The Last Layer: Pasta Sheet, Sauce and the last of the cheeses, sprinkle with fresh herbs and chives.
Cover with foil and cook approximately 45 minutes. Remove foil and brown another 15 to 20 minutes.