Cazuela de Pollo (Chicken Stew)Featured by Adventure Package: Chile in the International Wine Club.
A hearty Chilean stew packed full of diversity and amazing flavor. Be sure to pair this with the wines and foods from your recent International Wine Club wines!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
• 1 lb. beef brisket
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 onion, cut into quarters
• 1 bell pepper or other sweet pepper, cut into quarters with the seeds removed
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• Salt and pepper
• One celery stalk
• 2 ears of corn, cut into thirds
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
• 6 small red potatoes, peeled
• 4 handfuls of rice
• 6 small pieces of pumpkin
• 1 handful of green beans, julienned
• 5-6 cups boiling water
1. First cut the meat into six portions. Then pre-heat the vegetable oil in a large pot. Braise the meat for three minutes on each side, and add the onion, seasonings, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for five minutes.
2. When ready, place the potatoes, carrots, celery and pumpkin in the pot. Completely cover the contents with boiling water-about five or six cups and cook for ten minutes. Next incorporate the rice and corn; let simmer for eight minutes. Finally, mix-in the green beans and cook for three more minutes.
3. Sample the stew and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve hot with one piece of meat, one potato, one piece of pumpkin and a portion of corn in each dish of stew.
4. To garnish, sprinkle a little cilantro over each serving.
Recipe sourced from www.tablespoon.com