Cape Malay Chicken CurryFeatured by South Africa Adventure Package 2021 in the International Wine Club.
This chicken curry is delicious with the Crastino 2017 Cape White wine from your most recent International Club subscription box from South Africa.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• 1 chile, de-seeded and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
• 2 tsp dried coriander
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tbsp garam masala
• 1 and 3/4 cups diced tomatoes
• ½ cup chicken stock or water
• 2 and 1/2 cups chicken pieces
• ½ cup coconut milk or plain yogurt
• 2 tbsp chutney
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• squeeze of lemon juice
• 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
1. Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion, garlic, chile and ginger for about 2 minutes. Add coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala and fry for further few minutes to release their flavors. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
2. Add chicken and cook, covered, for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through. Stir in the coconut milk and chutney. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Serve curry with basmati rice and sambals. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander(cilantro).
Recipe from Winemag.co/za