Cape Malay Chicken CurryFeatured by Adventure Package: South Africa in the International Wine Club.
This chicken curry is delicious with the Crastino 2017 Cape White wine from your most recent International Club subscription box from South Africa.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• 1 chile, de-seeded and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
• 2 tsp dried coriander
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tbsp garam masala
• 1 and 3/4 cups diced tomatoes
• ½ cup chicken stock or water
• 2 and 1/2 cups chicken pieces
• ½ cup coconut milk or plain yogurt
• 2 tbsp chutney
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• squeeze of lemon juice
• 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
1. Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion, garlic, chile and ginger for about 2 minutes. Add coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala and fry for further few minutes to release their flavors. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
2. Add chicken and cook, covered, for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through. Stir in the coconut milk and chutney. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Serve curry with basmati rice and sambals. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander (cilantro).
Recipe sourced from Winemag.co/za