California BruschettaFeatured by Castoro Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
This light and delicious bruschetta is the perfect aperitif for your next gathering, or simply as a side to your week-day meal. Serve with the 2007 Castoro Cellars Pinot Grigio.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
• ½ loaf, French style baguette
• 1 clove Garlic
• 1/3 cup Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 cup coarsely chopped seasonally ripe tomatoes (or drained, canned romas)
• 1 teaspoon medium chopped Fresh Oregano
• 1/8 teaspoon Dry Oregano
• 1/3 cup diced ripe, but solid, Avocado
• 1 pinch crushed Red Pepper
• ¼ teaspoon Salt, and White Pepper to taste
Press garlic into olive oil, stir and aside. Combine both oreganos with tomato and salt in a glass bowl and lightly blend, add 2 tablespoons of the Garlic/Oil, the Red Pepper, a pinch of White Pepper and mix.
Cut the baguette into 3 even pieces and split each lengthwise, broil both sides of the pieces to just browning and brush the split sides generously with Garlic/Oil while still warm.
Evenly spread the tomato mix onto the baguette sections, then plate them. Gently flatten the tops and spoon the avocado onto each, very lightly season with salt. Serve with the 2007 Castoro Cellars Pinot Grigio.