Button Mushrooms Stuffed with Pork and HerbsFeatured by Hamilton Family Wines in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
Hot from the oven, these will tantalize your tastebuds and beg for a glass of Pinot Noir! Shop in our Wine Store or enjoy a bottle from your recent monthly wine box.Yield: 30
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1/4 small onion (finely diced)
• 1 clove garlic (crushed)
• 1 cup pork mince
• 1 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
• 1 egg (lightly beaten and you will only need about 1/3rd of it}
• 1 tsp finely chopped sage leaves
• 1/4 tsp finely chopped marjoram leaves
• 1/2 tsp finely chopped parsley leaves
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp finely grated peeled apple
• 1 tbsp finely grated peeled carrot
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest
• ½ tsp flaky sea salt
• Pinch freshly ground black pepper
• 30 button mushrooms (washed, dried and stalks removed)
• 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
• Additional flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
· Lightly grease a low-sided baking tray with additional oil.
· Preheat oven to 180°C.
· Place oil into a small frying pan set over a medium-hot heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until translucent and soft. Add garlic and cook for a further 1 minute or until soft. Cool.
· Into a large bowl place pork mince, breadcrumbs, egg, sage, marjoram, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, apple, carrot, cumin, lemon zest, salt, pepper and cooled onion mixture. Mix to combine all ingredients (hands are best for this job).
· Using hands form pork mixture into 30 little balls.
· Push a ball into a prepared mushroom and gently squash it down to fill button mushroom. Continue to fill all mushrooms. Lightly sprinkle each mushroom with Parmesan. Place mushrooms on to prepared tray. Cover and refrigerate for up to one day or proceed to bake.
· Place stuffed mushrooms in to preheated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear when a metal skewer is inserted and mushrooms are tender.
· Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes at room temperature. Season with salt and pepper and platter to serve.