Burrata and Wild Mushroom BruschettaFeatured by DuMOL Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
Flavorful mushrooms and creamy Burrata work perfectly together on crispy bruschetta. Pair it with a Pinot Noir!Yield: 8
Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 lbs. shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
• 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, quartered
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 tsp. chopped rosemary
• 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 16 slices of bread (from a long loaf ), about 1/3-inch thick
• 1 lb. burrata cheese, cut into 16 slices
In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and the 1/2 cup of olive oil and let stand for 1 hour.
Light a grill. Spread the mushrooms on a lightly oiled perforated grill tray and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 min. Brush the bread with oil and grill, turning once, until toasted, 1 min. Top the toasts with the mushrooms. Top each with a slice of burrata and serve.
Recipe sourced from foodandwine.com