Burrata & Wild Mushroom ToastsFeatured by Montemar Winery in the Garagiste Wine Club.
A perfect and simple recipe with delicious burrata and wild mushrooms! Pair it with the wines from your recent wine of the month club shipment for best results.Yield: 8
Prep Time: 75 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
• 1 pound cremini mushrooms quartered
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 16 slices of peasant bread (from a long loaf), about 1/3 inch thick
• 1 pound burrata cheese, cut into 16 slices
In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and the 1/2 cup of olive oil and let stand for 1 hour.
Spread the mushrooms on a lightly oiled perforated grill tray and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Brush the bread with oil and grill, turning once, until toasted, 1 minute.
Top the toasts with the mushrooms. Top each with a slice of burrata and serve.