Buns Pasta PabloFeatured by Whitehall Lane Winery in the Diamond Wine Club.
Fresh and fragrant ingredients combined to make a simple, yet magical, flavor combination.Yield: Two 6 oz servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
• 6 roma tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
• 1/2 medium sized yellow onion, finely diced
• 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Juice of 2 limes
• 12 ounces Capellini, Angel Hair, or Linguine
• 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
• 3/4 pound Boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch diagonals
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 EACH: thyme, basil and oregano (dried)
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
• 8 ounces Chicken stock
• 1 teaspoon butter
Combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a dash of salt and then pasta. Cook until al dente. While pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened. Add the salsa, chicken stock, and cooked, drained, pasta. Lift and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then simmer until sauce reduces somewhat. Enjoy with a glass or two of Whitehall Lane Sauvignon Blanc!
Pasta Pablo can be made omitting the chicken or substituting prawns, clams, or mussels. Cook prawns in the same manner as the chicken, until they are nearly white; don’t over-cook. Add clams or mussels to sauce when adding the pasta. Cook just until open, then remove from sauce and use to garnish individual servings of pasta.