Bucatini with Butter-Roasted Tomato SauceFeatured by Andis Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
Scrumptious Bucatini pasta served with a rich and flavorful roasted tomato sauce perfect for any night of the week. Pair this with the Andis 2013 Primitivo.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
• 1 28oz can whole peeled tomatoes
• 8 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
• 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakesplus more for serving
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 12 oz bucatini or spaghetti
• Finely grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Combine tomatoes (crushing them with your hands), garlic, anchovies, butter, and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes in a 13x9” baking dish; season with salt and black pepper. Roast, tossing halfway through, until garlic is very soft and mixture is jammy, 35-40 minutes. Using a potato masher or fork, mash to break up garlic and tomatoes.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
3. Return pasta to pot and add tomato sauce and pasta cooking liquid. Cook over medium-high heat, tossing until sauce coats pasta, about 3 minutes. Serve topped with Parmesan and more red pepper flakes.
Recipe provided by Andis Wines via Bon Appétit