Bucatini o Tagliatelle alla Matriciana PastaFeatured by Silvia Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
A deliciously authentic pasta dish that will transport you overseas, directly into a Italian family home. Pair this with a Red Blend wine from your recent wine subscription box.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1 pound Bucatini or Tagliatelle pasta
• 4 ounces guanciale (or pancetta), chopped small pieces
• 1/2 cup freshly-grated Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving
• 3/4 cup strained San Marzano tomatoes
• 1/4 cup tomato paste blended with Three Barrels RED wine
• 1/2 medium red onion, chopped finely
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
• 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes and salt, to taste
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 3 tablespoons salt, preferably the big chunks of rock salt.
Meanwhile, in a separate pan combine the olive oil, pancetta, and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the pancetta is lightly browned and the onion is softened, about 7 to 8 minutes.
Add the tomato paste with the Red wine, stir until the red wine is slightly evaporated, 3 minutes.
Add the San Marzano Tomatos. Stir for another 3 minutes and add the red pepper flakes, and cook stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute and remove from the heat.
Drop the pasta into the boiling water, and cook two minutes less than the package instructions or just before what we called al dente. (MUST TO BE AL DENTE). Drain the paste from the water.
Add the pasta sauce and drizzle a table spoon of olive oil on top and toss over medium heat until the pasta is well coated. Stir in the cheese and parsley.
Serve immediately with additional grated Pecorino Romano on the side and a glass of Three Barrels Red Wine.
Buon Appetito & SALUTE!
Recipe provided by Silvia Cellars.
Find more of our favorite pasta and wine pairings here!