Brutocao Cellars Chicken CacciatoreFeatured by Brutocao Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
A wonderful flavor combination of onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, and spices emanate from this chicken cacciatore dish. Serve over spaghetti and with a glass of 2004 Quadriga Red from Brutocao Cellars.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
• 1 Chicken, cooked, about 3 cups
• 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed or diced Tomatoes
• 1 can (6 ounces) Tomato paste
• 1 cup chopped yellow Onion
• 1 large green Bell Pepper, chopped
• 4 to 8 ounces sliced Mushrooms
• 1/4 cup fresh chopped Parsley
• 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
• 1 Teaspoon dried leaf Basil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaf Oregano
• 1 can Chicken broth
• Hot cooked Spaghetti or Pasta of your choice
Cook chicken in seasoned water or broth until done; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove chicken meat from bones and cut in pieces.
While chicken is cooking, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and parsley in a large pot. Stir well and add garlic powder, basil, and oregano. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Add chicken broth as needed to thin sauce. Add cooked chicken and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes longer. Serve chicken cacciatore over spaghetti or pasta with baguette.