Bruschetta Stolo with Wild Mushrooms and BurrataFeatured by Stolo Family Vineyards & Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
Packed with wonderful flavors of wild mushrooms and cheese atop crunchy toasts. This is a great appetizer to serve with Stolo Pinot Noir.Yield: 8
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 70 Minutes
• 1 pound Shiitake Mushrooms - remove stems and quarter caps
• 1 pound Cremini Mushrooms - quartered
• 2 Garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Rosemary - chopped
• 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest - finely grated
• 1/2 cup+ Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
• Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
• 16 slices of peasant bread (from a long loaf), about 1/3 inch thick
• 1 pound Burrata Cheese - cut into 16 slices
In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and the 1/2 cup of olive oil and let stand for 1 hour.
Light grill or oven broiler. Spread the mushrooms on a lightly oiled perforated grill tray or baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Cook with moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Brush the bread with oil and toast, turning once, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Top the toasts with the mushrooms. Top each with a slice of Burrata and serve.