Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed HamA featured Wine Club recipe for Dominion Tantara.
The sweetness of this dish is perfectly complemented by Pinot Noir!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 150 Minutes
• 1 ¼ cups packed dark brown sugar
• ⅓ cup pineapple juice
• ⅓ cup honey
• 1 Tablespoon orange zest
• 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 5-7 pound bone-in, fully cooked, spiral-cut ham
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place ham cut side down in a shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil to retain moisture.
3. Bake ham at 325 degrees until the center registers 100-110 degrees, (approx. 10-14 minutes per pound).
4. Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Brown Sugar Glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring often, until brown sugar dissolves, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
5. Remove ham from oven and increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
6. Carefully remove foil and brush ham all over with 1/3 glaze.
7. Bake, uncovered, until the ham reaches an internal temperature of around 140 degrees, approximately 20-30 minutes, brushing with additional glaze every 10 minutes.
8. Remove ham from oven and brush again with glaze. Loosely cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes, then brush once more with any remaining glaze and serve.
Recipe sourced from Platings + Pairings