Boneless Pork Chops Smothered in Cherry SauceFeatured by Bacio Divino Cellars - Janzen in the Platinum Wine Club.
Boneless pork chops baked to a crisp and smothered in a balsamic cherry sauce.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 4 Boneless Pork Loin Chops (1" thick or more)
• 2 Teaspoon Salt + More for Sauce
• 2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
• 2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
• ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
• 2 Tablespoons Minced Shallots or Red Onion
• 2 Cups Cherries (Pitted)
• 1 Cup Dry Red Wine
• 2 Tablespoons High Quality Balsamic Vinegar
• ¼ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
• Salt (to Taste)
*1 Teaspoon Tapioca Starch or Corn Starch (Optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, garlic and cumin until a paste is formed.
2. Pat the pork chops dry and rub them with the paste. Set aside.
3. Heat a 12" cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Sear the pork chops for 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Reduce the temperature to medium and cook until the middle is slightly pink (about 135 degrees).
5. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside (covered) to rest.
6. Turn the temperature back up to medium high.
7. Add the butter to the skillet and let melt until foamy.
8. Add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add the cherries, wine, vinegar and thyme and stir until combined.
10. Let the cherries reduce and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
11. For a thicker sauce, add 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch or corn starch.
12. Taste and add salt as needed.
13. Return the pork chops to the pan and smother with the cherry sauce.
14. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Foodie and Wine at http://foodieandwine.com/boneless-pork-chops-smothered-in-cherry-sauce/