Blue Cheese Crostini with Sauvignon Blanc Sauce & Peppery LettuceFeatured by Summerland Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
A quick and impressive meal that pairs beautifully with any of our Wine of the Month Club featured Sauvignon Blanc.Yield: 2 - 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1 1/2 cups of Summerland Sauvignon Blanc
• 1/4 cup orange blossom honey
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1/2 baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
• 8 ounces bleu cheese
• 1 bunch peppery lettuce, such as arugula or watercress
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Put a sheet pan or pizza stone in the oven to get it heated up too.
Combine the Summerland Sauvignon Blanc, honey, and lemon juice in a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Simmer gently, swirling the pot around, until the wine is syrupy sauce and coats the back of a spoon, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Butter both sides of each slice of bread. Put a nice hunk of bleu cheese on top of the baguette slices and arrange them on the hot sheet pan or stone. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese melts and the bread toasted.
Put the lettuce in a mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pile the greens on a serving platter with the bleu cheese crostini around it. Drizzle the wine sauce over the crostini and greens and sprinkle with the walnuts.