BBQ Rubbed Wild SalmonFeatured by Blagden Wines in the Platinum Wine Club.
Pair this delicious salmon recipe with your favorite bottle of Pinot Noir from Gold Medal Wine Club!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
BBQ Spice Dry Rub (Makes ½ cup)
• ¼ cup kosher salt
• 3 tablespoons paprika
• 3 tablespoons garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon dry mustard
• 2 lbs. wild salmon, cut into 4, 8 oz. pieces
• Neutral oil such as grapeseed, safflower, etc.
1. Add 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet and place on rack. Heat oven to 400 F. with pan inside.
2. On the flesh side of the salmon, rub on BBQ seasoning. If you are using the recipe above, you won’t need the full amount. If using a purchased blend, make sure it contains salt.
3. When oven reaches 400 F., carefully remove skillet and spread oil across the pan. Place salmon in the pan, seasoned side down and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip so that the seasoned side is up.
Recipe courtesy of Poe & Co.