BBQ Pork TenderloinA featured Wine Club recipe for Kendric Vineyards.
This tenderloin features a Herbs de Provence marinade that pairs perfectly with Pinot Noir.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
• 2-4 pork tenderloins
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/2 a sweet onion
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 Tbs dried thyme
• 1 Tbs dried oregano
• 2 Tbs dried rosemary
• 1 Tbs ground pepper
• 1 tsp anise seed
• 2 Tbs minced garlic
• 1 Tbs ground nutmeg
• 1/2 cup fresh lavender flower heads
1. Butcher 2-4 pork tenderloins, removing any membrane, the silver tendon running down the side and the larger part of the big vein running into the tenderloin.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender.
3. Add the marinade to the tenderloins in a 1 gal ziplock and marinate in the fridge overnight or all day. Shift the meat around in the marinade occasionally.
4. BBQ (preferably with hardwood smoking chips/chunks) until internal temperature reaches 135-145F, turning several times. This marinade will blacken
and soak up smoke, and that's fine.
5. Let rest on cutting board 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into 3/4"-1" rounds and serving. We usually go with oven roasted potatoes and kebabbed, grilled (while tenderloins are resting) vegetables.
Recipe sourced from Kendric Vineyards