Ballard White Bean ChiliFeatured by Ballard Lane Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
A wonderful, warm white bean chili to ward off those cold nights. Easy and flavorful this chili would pair well with a Sauvignon Blanc.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 18 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1 Tbs. olive oil
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 poblano chilies, seeds removed and finely chopped
• 1 jalapeño chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
• 4 minced garlic cloves
• 4 tsp. ground cumin
• ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
• 16 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 1 rotisserie chicken, discard skin and shred meat
• Juice from 3 limes
• 2 avocados for garnish
• Salt and pepper
Heat oil, add onions, poblanos and jalapeños and cook until soft. Add garlic, cumin and nutmeg and cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans and broth. Divide chili, removing half from pot and puree.
Re-combine and cook for 15 min. Stir in chicken and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve and garnish with avocado and cilantro.
Recipe provided by Ballard Lane Winery.