Baked Shrimp ScampiFeatured by J. Wilkes Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
This recipe is simple and leaves the shrimp crispy and spicy. Top with lemon and parsley and a glass of Chardonnay.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 8 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 2 tbsp of J. Wilkes Chardonnay
• 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 cup Panko
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
• 2 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add J. Wilkes Chardonnay and lemon juice to a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine Panko and butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add shrimp in a single layer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Panko mixture.
Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe provided by J. Wilkes Wines.