Baked Macadamia Crusted FishFeatured by Xabregas Winery in the International Wine Club.
The crust and nutty flavors from the macadamia nuts compliment the subtle and light flavors of the white fish. Serve over a bed of vegetables or salad and pair with a Chardonnay to complete the meal!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 4 eight ounce firm white fish fillets, bones removed
• 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
• 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano leaves
• 1 Tbs. chopped marjoram leaves
• 1 small clove garlic, crushed
• 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
• 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
• 2 Tbs. macadamia oil
• Cracked black pepper to season
• Roasted vegetables or salad to serve
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a baking dish. Place the fish fillets into a dish, and brush lightly with remaining oil.
In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients to form a thick paste. Spread macadamia crust over the top of the fish, pressing coat evenly. Bake the fish fillets for 8-10 minutes or until flesh flakes when tested with a fork. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
Serve with roasted vegetables or a salad.