Baked Brie with Figs, Walnuts & Ancho-Chili HoneyFeatured by Byron Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
Indulge in this appetizer of baked brie with figs and nuts. Make sure to pair it with a Pinot Noir from your wine club subscription!Yield: 4-6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 small wheel of brie cheese (choose your favorite kind, I recommend something mild)
• 1 cup figs, cut in quarters
• ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
• 1 rosemary sprig
• ¼ cup honey
• 1/2 dry ancho chili, crushed (if you can’t find ancho chili, use 1 teaspoon of chili flakes)
• Salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 400F
2. Place the brie cheese on a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with figs and walnuts. Bake the whole thing in the oven for 10-12 min until brie is soft and walnuts are toasted (be careful not to burn them). Remove from the oven and let it stand for a couple minutes before plating it.
3. In a small bowl combine the honey with the crushed ancho chili.
4. To plate the brie, use a large spatula or fish turner to remove it from the tray. Once plated, top the brie with the rosemary sprig, and drizzle generously with the ancho chile honey. Sprinkle some sea salt and cracked pepper to season.
5. Serve the warm brie with a side of bread or as is and let your friends indulge in this great oozy nibble.
Recipe sourced from Gabriel Cabrera.