Bacon-Wrapped ScallopsFeatured by Carte Blanche in the Diamond Wine Club.
These scallops are delicious served over mashed sweet potatoes with a side vegetable such as broccoli, asparagus or green beans. Pair it with a bottle from your wine subscription box!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 2 pounds large sea scallops patted dry
• 1 pound bacon slices cut in half crosswise
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• cooking spray
1. Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
2. Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop and secure with a toothpick. Arrange the scallops in a single layer on the baking pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush half the mixture over the top of each of the scallops.
4. Broil for 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked through. Brush the remaining sauce over the scallops halfway through the cook time.
5. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Recipe by Sara Welch, Dinner at the Zoo