Asiago Stuffed Pork ChopsFeatured by Castoro Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Pork chops stuffed with cheese and served with onions and sauce. Add a bed of vegetables and a bottle of Castoro Cellars Zinfandel to make it a meal.Yield: 2
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
• 2 medium boneless loin Pork Chops about ¾ inch thick, with a 2 inch pocket cut into the loin side of each
• ¼ cup grated Asiago Cheese
• 1/8 teaspoon Dry Tarragon
• ½ small white Onion, thinly sliced
• 3 Tablespoons Milk
• 1/3 cup flour, combined with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, in a shallow bowl
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
• 3 Tablespoons Castoro Cellars 2006 Zinfusion wine
• 1/8 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
• Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
• Pinch of Brown Sugar
Blend cheese and tarragon together and divide in half, spoon equal portions into each chop and secure the pockets with toothpicks, drizzle chops with milk and set aside. In a heavy sauté pan heat oil and 1 Tablespoon Butter over medium heat and add half of the onion slices.
Dredge the chops in the flour mix and place in pan with the onions, season lightly with pepper and increase heat for 90 seconds, turn chops, reduce heat to medium-low and add the rest of the onions, rosemary and scant salt and pepper.
Sauté for two more minutes to slight browning on bottoms and remove chops to a warm platter. Increase heat and add brown sugar to onions, add wine and deglaze pan with a wooden spoon, then quickly stir last Tablespoon of Butter into sauce and remove from heat.
Spoon onions between the chops, then pour the sauce over chops. Serve with the 2006 Castoro Cellars ‘Zinfusion” Zinfandel.