Arugula-Prosciutto PizzaA featured Wine Club recipe for Handley Cellars.
Pair this oven-baked pizza with an elegant bottle of Pinot Noir!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 1 pound prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
• All-purpose flour, for dusting
• Cornmeal, for dusting
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, grated
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 4 cups baby arugula
• 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
• Shaved parmesan cheese, for topping
1. Place a pizza stone or upside-down baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch round. Transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or another upside-down baking sheet; slide the dough onto the hot pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl with the garlic, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Remove the pizza from the oven, brush with the olive oil mixture and top with the ricotta and mozzarella. Return the pizza to the oven; bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 6 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toss the arugula and shallot in a large bowl with the lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Top the pizza with the arugula salad, prosciutto and shaved parmesan. Cut into slices.
Recipe sourced from Food Network