Ahi Tuna with Vegetables and Glass NoddlesFeatured by Rabbit Ridge Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
Enjoy this unique Asian-inspired recipe with a glass of Rabbit Ridge Zinfandel from your monthly wine box!Yield: 2
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
• 3 cups chicken stock
• 2 lemon grass stalks
• 1/4 pound Galanga (young ginger root) finely minced
• 3 tablespoons coriander seeds,crushed
• 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
• 2 egg whites
• 3 tablespoons toasted coriander seeds,crushed
• 3 pounds Sashimi quality Ahi tuna
• 1 package glass noodles,softened in water
• I zucchini,sliced into noodles using vegetable slicer
• 1 yellow squash,sliced into noodles as above
• 1 carrot,sliced into noodles as above
Bring chicken stock to a boil and reduce heat, add ginger, lemon grass and coriander. Simmer for forty-five minutes, add rice wine vinegar. Strain through a fine strainer and bring back to a boil. Whisk egg whites into hot stock and simmer until stock becomes clear. Strain.
Blanch vegetables and noodles until softened but not limp, set aside. Roll tuna in toasted coriander. Sear on all sides. Toss vegetable and glass noodles in lemongrass-galanga consommé and divide into six portions. Slice tuna into thick slices and place on top of noodles. Garnish with remaining sauce. Makes six servings.
Recipe produced by Rabbit Ridge