We have discovered a number of highly esteemed Bodegas (wineries) from some of the top wine growing regions in Spain. Luckily we can deliver them straight to your door! Read more about our most current feature of Spanish wines in our International Wine Club.
Fun Facts about Spain!
• Grapes are the third largest crop in Spain after cereals and olives.
• The name Spain diverged from the word Ispania, which means ‘the land of rabbits.’
• Spain produces 45% of the world’s olive oil.
• Soccer/football is the country’s most important sport. Spain won its first World Cup title in 2010, making them the 8th country to have ever won.
• Bull fighting is one of the biggest and most controversial sports, but it continues to be a big part of Spain’s history, art, and culture.
• 15.5% of the world’s vineyards are in Spain, making the country the number one ranked country in the world in terms of area covered by vineyards.
• Spain is the third largest wine producer in the world, behind France and Italy.
• Spain is the second most visited country in the world behind France.
• Spain and Portugal provide most of the world’s cork. Cork trees flourish in the dry Meseta region in Spain.
• Spain was not part of the first or second world war.
• FC Barcelona is the biggest privately owned stadium in the world - seating 100,000 people!
• Spain has the highest number of bars out of all the countries in the European Union.
• Since 1987, October 12th has been celebrated as Spanish National Day. It commemorates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus’ arrival in America.