There’s nothing like the Holiday season to leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling inside — other than wine that is! Here’s a list of twelve, exciting Holiday activities that get even better with a glass (or two) of wine from your most recent wine of the month club shipment:
1. Wrapping Presents
After hours of searching the mall for the perfect gifts for your loved ones, there’s a sigh of relief that escapes upon stepping into your cozy home. Sitting down with a roll of wrapping paper, scissors, and tape, you’re excited to get down to business! And what better companion to help you than a glass of Chardonnay or Malbec.
• Myka 2016 Chardonnay (Double Gold Medal)
• Camino D'Oro 2016 Malbec (Special Selection)
2. Chocolate Advent Calendar
Day by day, pushing down cardboard flap by cardboard flap, another chocolate surprise awaits you! And of course, it would be cruel of you to separate arguably the longest of lovers...chocolate & wine. Time to open up a bottle of Roussanne or Cabernet Sauvignon and let them continue their ageless romance.
• Site 2014 Roussanne (94 Points)
• Venge 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (95 points)
3. Decorating the Christmas tree
You carefully selected the tree, strapped it to the car, brought it in, and now you’re finally ready to decorate. A bottle of Grenache Blanc or Zinfandel would pair excellently with the new, fresh pine smell filling your heart and home.
• Buscador 2016 Grenache Blanc (Only 112 cases produced)
• Hughes 2014 Zinfandel (Only 276 cases produced)
4. Gingerbread Making
Sweet, sweet molasses! From the flour to the gooey dough, gingerbread making can get messy. A nice refreshment for your trouble (and for the six cookies you’re just eating to “taste” when you’re done) would be a glass of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir.
• Shutter 2014 Sauvignon Blanc (90 Points)
• Frostwatch 2013 Pinot Noir (90 Points)
5. Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
• Coda 2014 Syrah (92 Points)
• Avondale 2015 Chenin Blanc (Exclusive import from South Africa!)
6. Singing along to Christmas music
Whether you’re more of a classic or new-age Christmas music lover, you must admit that the familiar melodies pull the heartstrings like no other. And since ‘tis the season to be jolly...might as well pour yourself a glass of Vermentino or Carménère.
• Caccia al Piano 2017 Vermentino (Exclusive import from Italy!)
• Longaví 2015 Carménère (Exclusive import from Chile!)
7. Sitting by a Warm Fire
Sit back. Relax. Roast a marshmallow or a chestnut or two. Let the crackling, sparking fire in front of you warm your outsides, while a glass of a White Blend or Red Blend warms your insides simultaneously.
• Tercero 2014 White Blend (93 Points)
• Picayune 2015 Red Blend (94 Points)
8. Watching Christmas movies
• Ferguson 2014 Viognier (92 Points)
• Cedergreen 2008 Merlot (Only 156 cases produced)
9. White Elephant Party
Your sibling may think they brought the best gift to the game with their fancy, six-slice toaster, but little do they know...you stepped it up this year! With a 6-bottle Rosé combo case in your arsenal, you’ll definitely leave your gift recipient leaving feeling very merry.
• California Rosé Special
10. Catching Yourself Under the Mistletoe
You’re grinning from ear to ear, surrounded by all your best friends at the most delightful Holiday party. You catch one of your friends motioning you to look up...and just what are they pointing at? You’ve been caught under the mistletoe! And what would be the perfect wine to be in your hand at this exact moment of time? Why a Riesling or Grenache of course!
• Jason Stephens 2012 Riesling (Special Selection)
• Cavaletti 2016 Grenache (Only 52 cases produced)
11. Christmas Brunch
Brunch may be one of man’s greatest creations...add Christmas day to it and it just might be the best afternoon of the whole year. Welcome your most loved ones into your home with the best bubbly...choose from two of our exclusive Champagnes imported directly from France!
• Gyejacquot Frères Champagne (92 Points)
• Bernard Remy Champagne (92 Points)
12. Christmas Dinner
To rein in the Christmas season, add a bottle of Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon from our Diamond Wine Club to your carefully prepared Christmas dinner menu. Your guests will be sure to be impressed by both your cooking and your wine selection.
• Moone Tsai 2014 Chardonnay (94 Points)
• Janzen 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon (96 Points)
And that ladies and gentlemen...is how to appropriately wine about the Holidays. And don't forget about sending Wine Club Gifts!