12 Wine Days of Christmas
There’s nothing like the Holiday season to leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling inside — other than wine that is! Here’s a list of twelve, exciting Holiday activities that get even better with a glass (or two) of wine from your most recent wine of the month club shipment:
1. Wrapping Presents
After hours of searching the mall for the perfect gifts for your loved ones, there’s a sigh of relief that escapes upon stepping into your cozy home. Sitting down with a roll of wrapping paper, scissors, and tape, you’re excited to get down to business! And what better companion to help you than a glass of Chardonnay or Malbec.
• Silvia Cellars 2019 Chardonnay (93 Points)
• Gran Famiglia Bianchi 2017 Malbec (91 Points)
2. Chocolate Advent Calendar
Day by day, pushing down cardboard flap by cardboard flap, another chocolate surprise awaits you! And of course, it would be cruel of you to separate arguably the longest of lovers...chocolate & wine. Time to open up a bottle of Roussanne or Cabernet Sauvignon and let them continue their ageless romance.
• Zinke 2018 White Blend (Special Selection)
• Volker Eisele 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (94 points)
3. Decorating the Christmas tree
You carefully selected the tree, strapped it to the car, brought it in, and now you’re finally ready to decorate. A bottle of Grüner Veltliner or Zinfandel would pair excellently with the new, fresh pine smell filling your heart and home.
• Luna Hart 2018 Grüner Veltliner (Only 54 cases produced)
• Fritz 2017 Zinfandel (91 Points)
4. Gingerbread Making
Sweet, sweet molasses! From the flour to the gooey dough, gingerbread making can get messy. A nice refreshment for your trouble (and for the six cookies you’re just eating to “taste” when you’re done) would be a glass of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir.
• High Valley 2019 Sauvignon Blanc (90 Points)
• Beauregard 2018 Pinot Noir (91 Points)
5. Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
Time to get the fa la la la la la la llama sweater out! To add to the spirit of Holiday cheer, you should supply your light-hearted party with a few bottles of Syrah or Chenin blanc.
• Time & Direction 2017 Syrah (92 Points)
• Raised by Wolves 2018 Chenin Blanc (Exclusive import from South Africa!)
6. Singing along to Christmas music
Whether you’re more of a classic or new-age Christmas music lover, you must admit that the familiar melodies pull the heartstrings like no other. And since ‘tis the season to be jolly...might as well pour yourself a glass of Chardonnay or Tempranillo.
• Famiglia Bianchi 2018 Chardonnay (Exclusive import from Argentina!)
• Viñas de la ERRE 2020 Tempranillo (Exclusive import from Mexico!)
7. Sitting by a Warm Fire
Sit back. Relax. Roast a marshmallow or a chestnut or two. Let the crackling, sparking fire in front of you warm your outsides, while a glass of a White Blend or Red Blend warms your insides simultaneously.
• Consilience 2018 White Blend (Special Selection)
• Sculpterra 2018 Red Blend (93 Points)
8. Watching Christmas movies
Don’t be a Grinch or a Scrooge! Offer your guest a glass of Viognier or Merlot to enjoy the movie night you’re hosting. Then light your favorite candle and let the screening commence.
• Jaffurs 2018 Viognier (91 Points)
• G & C Lurton 2016 Merlot (Only 1,000 cases produced)
9. White Elephant Party
Your sibling may think they brought the best gift to the game with their fancy, six-slice toaster, but little do they know...you stepped it up this year! With a few bottles of Rosé in your arsenal, you’ll definitely leave your gift recipient leaving feeling very merry.
• Schug 2019 Rosé (96 Points)
• WillaKenzie 2019 Rosé (91 Points)
10. Catching Yourself Under the Mistletoe
You’re grinning from ear to ear, surrounded by all your best friends at the most delightful Holiday party. You catch one of your friends motioning you to look up...and just what are they pointing at? You’ve been caught under the mistletoe! And what would be the perfect wine to be in your hand at this exact moment of time? Why a Riesling or Grenache of course!
• Lucas & Lewellen 2020 White Blend (Special Selection)
• Press Gang 2016 Grenache (Special Selection)
11. Christmas Brunch
Brunch may be one of man’s greatest creations...add Christmas day to it and it just might be the best afternoon of the whole year. Welcome your most loved ones into your home with the best bubbly...choose from our exclusive Champagne imported directly from France or a bottle of 94-Point American sparkling wine!
• La Pitancerie 2016 Champagne (Exclusive Import from France)
• Pono 2018 Sparkling Wine (94 Points)
12. Christmas Dinner
To rein in the Christmas season, add a bottle of Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon from our Diamond Wine Club to your carefully prepared Christmas dinner menu. Your guests will be sure to be impressed by both your cooking and your wine selection.
• Dutton-Goldfield 2017 Chardonnay (94 Points)
• Fiftyrow 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon (96 Points)
And that, ladies and gentlemen...is how to appropriately wine about the Holidays. And don't forget about sending Wine Club Gifts!